The prospective student must have a sufficient life science background in order to successfully undertake a graduate program in biomedical science. Students who majored in other undergraduate disciplines and have professional work experience in biotechnology may also apply. All applicants must meet the following requirements for admission into the PSM (Master of Science in Biomedical Science: Concentration in Biotechnology or Stem Cell Science) Program.
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution with a grade point average of at least 3.0.
- Two letters of recommendations.
- Transcripts from all post-secondary colleges or universities attended.
- A two-page "Statement of Purpose."
- Applicants may be interviewed before selection.
- At least one year of academic research or professional work experience in some discipline of science is strongly recommended.
- Approval for admission by the Division of Graduate Studies and the Department of Biology.
- Students must legally be able to participate off-campus internship training in the United States.
- The Graduate Record Exam score is not required (optional).
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) scores that meet the minimum required by the Division of Graduate Studies.
Submit CIRM Bridges Science Master's fellowship application form (optional; only applicants wish to be considered for California Institute of Regernerative Medicine Bridges Sciecne Master's to Stem Cell Research fellowship).